Road to Recovery

It’s my motto at work.

Whatever this slag is, it is kicking my skidplate. Last night I had a hell of a time getting to sleep; I couldn’t get comfortable for more than a few minutes, then I’d have to roll over or shift. Once I got comfortable, I finally zoned out and didn’t wake up until the alarm went off at 7:30. Needless to say, I didn’t want to get up this morning. To be honest, I’d like to be at home, asleep. I’m surprised that I was able to tap out the pair of blog posts that I did yesterday; I spent most of that day in bed, dozing.

My immune system is stupid. Last night, I had a fever of 100.2°. This morning, my temperature was 98.1°. No, I don’t know, either. But the fever seems to come and go as the day progresses. Right now, I feel okay, if a little tired.

Today wasn’t too busy. However, my sciatic nerve has decided to act like a chump again. Every few steps, it’ll ache sharply. A couple of times, I thought I was going to fall over, it was so bad. I’m hoping that this is a one time thing, but I doubt it. My luck on these sorts of things is never that positive.

You know, I can see the attraction of basketball. But I don’t get March Madness at all. Maybe it’s because I’m not the betting type. Or that I don’t care about college sports in general.

Prime and I stopped by our local Toys R Us. It’s pretty obvious that the store will be closing. All the Pokémon cards? They are gone. All the pegs and shelves are completely bare. The associate running the register said that the store sales will start on Thursday or Friday. This is the last weekend to use gift cards and today was the last day to earn any Rewards. This is really happening and it breaks my heart.

A world without toy stores. It makes me want to cry.

About Silverwynde

I'm a Transformers fan, Pokémon player, Brewers fan and all-out general nerd. I rescue abandoned Golett, collect as many Bumblebee decoys and figures as I can find and I've attended every BotCon--official and non--since 1999. I'm also happily married to a fellow Transfan named Prime and we were both owned by a very intelligent half-Siamese cat, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge on June 16, 2018. We still miss him. But we're now the acting staff of a Maine Coon kitty named Lulu, who pretty much rules the house. Not that we're complaining about that.
This entry was posted in Work and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.