1) Current mood:
This is way past “hiss off”. Miles past it.
2) I’ve been reading The Testaments by Margaret Atwood and to call it riveting is being mild. I warn you: once you pick this book up, it is almost impossible to put it down. Once you’re done with one chapter, you feel the compunction to keep going. The perspectives change between three different characters–all women–and their stories are utterly heartbreaking. But you have to keep reading, because you want to know what happens to each of them. No, I haven’t read The Handmaid’s Tale yet, but I will after this. I can’t not read it now.
3) Thought for the week: Toxic people don’t deserve a “Fuck off”.
4) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash. Don’t believe me? Most of the meme pages fart out at least one transphobic post a day, the fan groups are run by incels and shitlords, and most comments sections are absolute sewers. Prime had to leave Atheist Republic, as most members were utter shite and the mods did nothing to muzzle them. The Transformers groups are all just as bad. Add to that the fact that Zark Fuckerberg is kissing up to conservatives and has no plans to actually stop fake news… it just keeps getting harder to justify even having an account. Even a barely used one.
5) Lulu thinks she can use me as a ladder to climb wherever she wants. Yeah, it’s really hard not to have a mild to moderate freak-out when a cat pitches itself at your right shoulder and actually sticks the landing! Karen mentioned that Lulu often jumped at her; she thought that Lulu was playing. I’m thinking Lulu wanted to hop on her shoulder or in her arms for a brief ride. Of course, I’m more than willing to let her hang out on my shoulder. Whatever makes my baby girl happy. Though I wish she’d give me a warning ahead of time!
6) Salonpas is pretty awesome. My knee is still a bit stiff, but the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was earlier in the week and it doesn’t feel quite as swollen. I can walk without wanting to yelp and my limping isn’t so bad now.
7) Prime broke down and watched Joker. According to him, it was brilliant, it was disturbing, and he’d just as soon forget that it exists. Needless to say, I will not be taking in a showing; life in and of itself is far too disturbing for me to handle most days.
On that note, we’ll draw this to a close. Stop by again for more random thoughts that make little to no sense. Until then, see you!