1) Current mood:
Every damn day.
2) Don’t ask me how, but we went from summer, to the monsoon, to freaking winter all in the span of a few short weeks. We had some fall-like temperatures, but with the constant rain, the trees weren’t able to drop their leaves. Now that we’ve had snow most of the trees are covered in dead leaves that simply fly off with the slightest breeze. It looks just as bad as it sounds.
3) Thought for the week: The bible is only accurate if thrown at ten feet or less.
4) Lulu has trained me perfectly. How do I know? She decided to hop into her litter box and squat, then jumped out. Almost immediately, I grabbed the scoop and scraped out the box. Lulu watched me intently, then the very moment I was done, she got back in and peed. I was thunder struck. The cat has been here for three months and she’s already got me trained. Unbelievable. Well, I guess I know who rules the roost around here.
5) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
6) Supposedly, the weather is going to warm up a bit over the weekend. Good. Because I’m sick to death of this.
7) Just finished reading Redemption by Nathan Winograd. If you haven’t already read it, do so. To say that it’s eye-opening is putting it mildly; our animal sheltering system is broken, but not irrevocably. We can fix this, but it will take effort. Because it’s a lot easier to simply kill an “unadoptable” animal than use whatever resources you have to save it. Most highly recommend.
That’s it for now. Stop by later for a few more random thoughts. Until then, see you!