1) Current mood:
Good kitty. You get treats. Lots of them.
2) I was hoping that after Christmas, things might get better scheduling wise, but no. I was the opener yesterday morning and I had no one coming in to help me until 14:45, and that would be Wiesia. However, I pretty much knew that she wouldn’t be able to come in, as she’s still not feeling well. But it was quite literally just her and myself yesterday. For the first fifteen minutes of the day, I had to mind both doors; my help–she was a Front End Assistant–had been assigned to a register rather than sent to the door to help, even though she told the supervisor she was Member Service. Yeah, that was awesome. Just awesome. I doubt it’s going to get any better.
3) Thought for the week: “Many happy returns” has an entirely different meaning if you work retail.
4) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
5) Christmas was quiet and low-key, which is what I wanted. Prime and I just relaxed, snacked on some chocolate, and I gave Lulu some of her presents. I didn’t give her everything; I want to spread this out for a bit. Spoiling the cat makes me ridiculously happy.
6) Our Christmas wasn’t white this year; most of the snow had melted due to higher than normal temperatures. Earlier in the month, we were below normal. Now, we’re above. I can’t even with this.
7) Prime and I saw The Rise of Skywalker on Christmas Eve. No spoilers, but I enjoyed it. So yeah, go and take in a viewing. You’re probably going to be pleasantly surprised. (Unless you’re on the side of the First Order. But did you really expect otherwise?)
On that thought, I’ll bring this to an end. Stop by again, same bot time, same bot channel, to see more half scribbled thoughts and the like. Until then, see you soon and have a great holiday!