1) Current mood:
I’d really like it to change this year. That would be great.
2) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
3) Thought for the week: If we’re entering the ’20s, does that mean there’s another Great Depression on it’s way? Or another Prohibition? Just wondering.
4) So notWiesia is back but I don’t think she had the flu. Because she’s not up at the doors with us. Instead, she’s in the Food Court. Apparently, she’s on some type of restriction(s), but as to what, I have no clue. She’s not happy about the whole situation, but there’s really nothing that can be done about this. She’s just going to have to do her time in there and deal with it.
5) I dropped by the old Walmart on New Year’s Day and chatted with one of my former co-workers; the place seems to be going straight to hell. The overnighters have been terminated for whatever reason, yet the store is looking to rehire a few of them. Each department is now responsible for its own freight, which means stuff doesn’t get done. Damn near all of the backup cashiers ignore the pages for Front End assistance, leaving only one or two associates who actually go up front and help. Oh, and the customers were in full bitch mode on Christmas Eve; a shitload of them threw fits because the store was closing at 18:00 and wouldn’t be open on Christmas Day. More than one of them complained that Walmart was a twenty four hour store and shouldn’t close. Uh, sorry, but Walmart associates have lives outside the store. Sheesh. Oh, and there was a metric ton of call ins on New Year’s Day, leaving the store short-staffed. The more I hear, the happier I am to be out of that hellhole. Seriously. Talk about circling the drain.
6) It seems that we have two people being moved to Member Service: one is Tailor. So it looks like she’ll be with us for a while. Sadly, one of my former co-workers won’t be; Bo’s last day is next Thursday. Apparently, he wasn’t good enough for Food Court. Here’s the thing: he actually showed up to work and did actual work. He should have been a shoo-in to be a permanent hire. But doing work didn’t impress management enough. I don’t know whether to laugh, or cry, or scream.
7) The schedule is still utterly messed up and hasn’t gotten any better. I don’t think it ever will. But then again, we’ll probably have a new manager in the next few weeks so it’s a moot point.
And on that sour note, I’ll bring this to a merciful end. Don’t worry; I’ll be back next week to ruminate on other random topics. So until then, have a great weekend and I’ll see you soon!