1) Current mood:
I know that feel, bro. Seriously.
2) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash. Don’t believe me? Just reread Monday’s post. Prevention of animal cruelty = bad. Videos of animal abuse = perfectly okay with Facebook. Still don’t believe me? Reread this week’s Weekly Reader. Fuck that platform and fuck Zuckerberg, because he doesn’t care about anything except money.
3) Thought for the Week: What if it really is the end of the world as we know it and no one’s going to feel fine because we’re all infected with the coronavirus? Will Lenny Bruce still be unafraid? How do the birds, snakes, and aeroplanes fit into this?
4) Costco has now suspended offering product samples, in order to help curb the spread of the coronavirus. Now all the associates from CDS are spending their shifts cleaning the store; we had one lady who was wiping down the carts with disinfectant on Wednesday night. But at least everyone still has a job and isn’t facing a layoff, so there’s that. Already, a lot of smaller companies and businesses are feeling the pinch, due to people staying home, which means their employees might have problems paying bills. This entire situation is just awful.
5) We have cases of the disease in Wisconsin. No, I’m not going to panic yet, but I will keep taking precautions. I’ve got sanitizing wipes in my backpack and I have hand sanitizer; I’m using both. For reasons. Also, you may have seen those recipes for making your own hand sanitizer: don’t. Seriously, just don’t. You might end up with a contaminated batch if your instruments aren’t clean enough, or it may be too strong and cause your skin to dry and crack, or it may not be effective enough to kill any germs. Yes, we’re in the middle of a national shortage, but it’s best to leave that to the experts.
6) In “It just keeps getting worse” news: Spring Training has been postponed. I have no idea what that means for Opening Day, whether it’s going to go on as planned or whether MLB will simply delay it for a while, but this is bad. The NBA has already suspended their season, as they’ve had at least one player testing positive for the virus, so I have no idea when the playoffs might happen, if they even will this year. The NHL has paused their season. Something tells me that we’re going to have baseball all the way into late November this year, and I’m not sure that’s a good thing, if we actually have the entire season. Or, we could end up with an abbreviated version this year. In either case, I don’t see this getting better any time soon. **EDIT**: It’s not. Opening Day has been delayed for two weeks. I’m going to have to watch the calendar and possibly switch shifts with someone in order to go. Or maybe the Brewers will honor unused Opening Day tickets later in the season…? We’ll see.
7) In “It just keeps getting even worse” news:
You’re seeing this correctly: TF Con has been cancelled. It’s absolutely the right decision, with everything that’s happening, but I know that there are some very disappointed fans. I don’t blame them. I only hope that they understand why this was the right decision. I’m sure half of them won’t, though.
On that apocalyptic note, we’ll mercifully end this. Stop by again for more thoughts that fell out of my head and onto this blog. Until next week, have a safe weekend and please take care of yourself, everyone. ❤
I still wonder who Lenny Bruce is..:)
I had wanted to go to TFCON ’20 in Orlando, FL. But after the events of ’19 in MS as well as that I found TFCONs ’18 and ’19 disappointing, I decided by late ’19 I wasn’t going to go to Orlando (some of the voice actor sigantures costs are exorbitant 😦 And with the rise of this infernal virus getting worse with each day in ’20 along with their dumbass governor DeSantis, I made the right decision way ahead of time. I hold on to the glimmer off hope that a broad-spectrum vaccine against this damn virus wil be available ASAP.