1) Current mood:
2) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
3) Thought for the Week: The last couple of days have been somewhat boring and normal and I am definitely fucking here for it.
4) Mike, the supervisor who I don’t quite know how to read, is stepping down. He’s going to the Membership Desk for a Refund Cashier position. I probably won’t interact with him as much and that’s fine. Some days he was approachable, other days it seemed like he wanted to take your head off at the neck. So having him in a position of less power seems like a fairly good idea. I’m perfectly fine with that.
5) Things have been quiet around here. I’ve been a bit hyper vigilant lately, mostly due to the insurrection at the Capitol Building. After that lovely little display, I can’t put a lot past these guys. But right now, things seem fine.
6) Another perk to the Dynamax Adventures? You can catch Pokémon with extremely low catch rates in whatever Ball you like. I managed to grab a Metang in a Luxury Ball on Wednesday night; Beldum, Metang, and Metagross have tremendously poor catch rates, similar to a lot of Legendary Pokémon. Getting a Metang in a Luxury Ball is really tough; you’ll go through a hundred of them at least. In a Dynamax Adventure, whatever Ball you use is a guaranteed catch. So now I can start breeding for a shiny Beldum in a Luxury Ball.
7) When it comes to Dynamax Adventures, there are advantages and disadvantages to having other players with you. Most of the time, a group of people that you connect with via the internet is smarter than the AI players. However, if you see the silhouette of a Pokémon you really want to capture, you might not be able to go after that because of the rule of veto in the group. I kinda got screwed over on Wednesday night; one of the options for the path we could choose had a Golurk. That’s the path I wanted, but we ended up going after a Dusclops. I wasn’t happy, but the scientist kept a record of the Ultra Beast we encountered and I think I’ll be going back, on my own, to keep trying to get a Golurk. If I’m lucky, maybe the big guy will be shiny. I haven’t gotten a lot of shinies from Dynamax Adventures yet–only two–so maybe my luck will change.
On that sparkling note, we’ll stop right now. But I’ll be back next time to update you on all the boring happenings in my life. Until then, have a great weekend, stay safe, and I’ll see you soon!