1) Current mood:
2) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
3) Thought for the Week: I should be going to Brewers on Deck. But it’s cancelled. Thanks for nothing, Covid.
4) So, nobody is heading to Cooperstown this year. But with ballots like this, it’s easy to see why:
We have a number of guys who were using PEDs–and no, Ryan Braun should never get into the HoF–and some players that just weren’t really Hall of Fame material. I wouldn’t have minded seeing Aramis Ramirez or LaTroy Hawkins getting in, but I don’t know if they’re really Hall of Famers. Gary Sheffield has a couple of more chances; may he never get enough votes to get in because he’s a flaming asshole. Oh, and seeing that Shane Victorino won’t be on the ballot again next year just warms my heart. No, I will never forgive or forget the dirty bullshit he tried to pull against the Brewers back in 2008. Screw that asshat. (Hey, if you think that’s bad, you don’t want to get me started on Manny motherfucking Machado…)
5) I got in two separate Max Raid battles that netted me shinies. Apparently, this may be coming to a bit of an end, since Nintendo is talking about issuing bans to those who go online and use or trade hacked Pokémon. We had an incident several months ago where a bunch of genners gave out Zarude, which is this Generation’s Legendary, well before it was officially released. Nintendo was not happy about that and now we’re looking at a crackdown. So I may not be getting free Master Balls in trades anymore and I definitely won’t be seeing random shiny Pokémon being traded to me in Surprise Trades. I’m a little upset about that, as most of them have perfect stats and are great for shiny hunting. The Master Balls were used for catching shinies in Max Raid battles. I have something like 57 of them, but I wouldn’t mind having more.
6) Thursday was an absolute shitshow. This is not an exaggeration. I was the only person at the door from 16:00 to 21:00 and I ended up doing every. Single. Walk! For the rest of my shift. My legs were aching, I almost didn’t get coverage for the 19:00 procedure, my last break was ridiculously late and I just wanted to collapse in a corner and cry. It was awful. But it seems like we’re going to start hiring again, though I don’t know how much good it will do.
7) Patheos is losing blogs. Love Joy Feminism will be shutting down in about a month or so. According to Matthew is done. Dispatches from the Culture Wars is gone. A number of blogs simply haven’t been updated in months. Friendly Atheist and Roll to Disbelieve are still running, which is the main reason I’m still dropping by Patheos. But most of the blogs seem to be winding down. Granted, most of them are monetized and they aren’t making as much revenue as before, which is why a lot of bloggers are shutting them down. Before you ask: No, I’m not following suit. I do this because I love it. I don’t necessarily want to monetize my blog; it would feel like work! So I’m still going to be around.
With that said, I think it’s time for me to draw this to a close. But I’ll be back next week, with more random thoughts that you might find amusing. Until then, have a great weekend and see you soon!