Weekend Update

Dude, what the duck?

Last weekend was fairly interesting, to put it mildly. Something happened on Friday, something that I found to be both ridiculous and somewhat disturbing. I’ll explain, but after the jump. So if you want to keep going, just give it a click.

While I was at the door Friday afternoon, I noticed one of the newer hires walking out. She was on her phone and she was crying. I figured it was something bad, like maybe a family emergency or something like that, but I discovered later that it was far worse than that.

Apparently, this poor girl had been fired. When I found out as to why, I was stunned.

She had been fired for setting her water bottle down roughly, showing some irritation. It seems that Mary, one of the others at the door, asked her to move some carts and she agreed, but smacked her water bottle down on the table in frustration.

Here’s the thing about Mary: she’s a busybody. She gets up in everyone else’s shit, claiming that she’s “looking out” for you. She goes running to management over the stupidest things. She basically wants to he doors run her way and she’s passive aggressive about it.

I have never liked Mary. Now I can’t fucking stand her. Because this bullshit got someone fired.

Management dragged another of my coworkers into the office and interrogated her. She confirmed Mary’s story. One of the managers–Sam–asked if that behavior was appropriate. Her response was no, but she honestly thought that management was simply going to talk to this girl and let her know that something like that is inappropriate.

Instead, they fired her. She hadn’t made her ninety days yet so they could. But I’m absolutely disgusted by this. Because this is one of the dumbest reasons to fire anyone. Shame on management for deciding that this was how they were going to handle things. Even more shame on Mary for sticking her nose into places where it doesn’t fucking belong. If she hadn’t opened up her mouth, none of this bullshit would have ever happened. So yes, this is all on Mary. She’s a fucking garbage human and I want nothing to do with her. Oh, I’ll be polite every time I have to work with her, but that’s it. She’s just proven herself to be absolutely untrustworthy.

Then came Saturday, in all its dipshidiot glory.

Saturday was a full eight hour shift and I was at the door the whole time. It’s a good thing I was, or a lot of things would have been left undone. Like on Friday but I’ll get to that.

For the entire day, it was simply the opener–Kathy–and I. That was it. No one else came in for the rest of the day and I don’t think we had any for the lot. But apparently, there was no one to take care of the doors the night before; we’d had two call ins and I was done at 17:30. Someone from the Front End rolled the doors, but the 20:00 procedure? It was never done. So, the previous day’s paperwork hadn’t been filed, the new paperwork hadn’t been prepared, and the last walk never happened.

It’s a good thing that I was scheduled to 18:30 on Saturday. The opener was done at 14:15. I did the last four walks of the day. From 15:00 to 18:00, I was not at the door but doing procedures. I also filed the paperwork and grabbed the sheets for Sunday.

Oh, but Kathy was allowed to stay until 16:15, but she couldn’t be at the door. Apparently, she has “too many hours” there. So she was sent to clothes. Yeah. (I want to facepalm over all of this, but I’ll only wind up with a major head injury. So it’s best if I don’t.)

Sunday was better; we had enough people and Kathy was even allowed to stay later and go in the lot, which meant we finally had a lot person. So compared to the rest of the weekend, Sunday was relaxing.

I won’t be back to work until Thursday. I needed this. Maybe by then things will be better. Though I doubt it.

About Silverwynde

I'm a Transformers fan, Pokémon player, Brewers fan and all-out general nerd. I rescue abandoned Golett, collect as many Bumblebee decoys and figures as I can find and I've attended every BotCon--official and non--since 1999. I'm also happily married to a fellow Transfan named Prime and we were both owned by a very intelligent half-Siamese cat, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge on June 16, 2018. We still miss him. But we're now the acting staff of a Maine Coon kitty named Lulu, who pretty much rules the house. Not that we're complaining about that.
This entry was posted in And Now For Something Completely Different and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.