I swear, I think I need a weekend off from this past weekend. That’s not a joke.

Saturday was ridiculous. I’m being very generous when I say that. Because to describe Saturday as an absolute shit show with a dumpster fire encore and a chaser of hot garbage juice doesn’t describe how completely shit the day was for me.

First off, I had to get up at six in the morning. We are talking about being awake at stupid o’clock, which I can’t stand. But it gets worse: although I was supposed to be working a 10 to 18:30 shift, I was asked to clock in twenty minutes early. Because we only had the opener at the door.

We opened at 9:30. There was no one scheduled for the door until 10. So there was no one on the exit door.

Needless to say, I was at the door all day. But we still needed people from the Front End to cover us for breaks and walks. It got even worse when our opener was pulled not once but twice into Optical because they needed help. Also, our opener was done around 14:30 and we had no one else coming in at all.

I mean that. We didn’t even have any one for the lot. It was just Kathy and I for the rest of the day. We had door counts of 250, 260. It was busy to the point of insanity. Then, this happened.

I had been on the exit door for around an hour. We really should have had two people there; we were extremely busy and had door counts over 200. But of course, I was alone. Just as I started backing up, a woman tried to breeze past the rest of the line. I tried to get her attention by asking her to stop. She never looked at me. She just kept walking. So I tried to catch up to her.

My shoe got caught on the bottom of the fence. I nearly fell, which caused me to scream.

That stopped her. I was able to check her receipt. But I ended up nearly having an anxiety attack and had the adrenaline shakes for about half an hour afterwards. Not to mention that I wanted to burst into tears as well.

It wasn’t a good day. Sunday was better, but we still had some stupid.

As you can imagine, Sunday morning was busy. There was a noon Packers game, so we were pretty busy pretty early. While on the exit door, Wiesia and I had a member who simply broke from the line and tried to rush past. We stopped him but he refused to let us see his receipt. At first, he said he didn’t have to let us see it. Then, he claimed that it “wasn’t our job”. Then, he accused us of accusing him of stealing.

Wiesia handled him. I had to deal with someone who said she had no receipt, said that this was the worst shopping experience of her life and left her card on my table. To that, I say: Whatever. I can’t be upset about her possibly not coming back. I’ve had to deal with one asshole too many this weekend. I’m just done.

Thankfully, I have today and tomorrow off, so I don’t have to deal with people. I’m going to spend the day playing the Switch and cuddling with Lulu. Because to hell with humans.

About Silverwynde

I'm a Transformers fan, Pokémon player, Brewers fan and all-out general nerd. I rescue abandoned Golett, collect as many Bumblebee decoys and figures as I can find and I've attended every BotCon--official and non--since 1999. I'm also happily married to a fellow Transfan named Prime and we were both owned by a very intelligent half-Siamese cat, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge on June 16, 2018. We still miss him. But we're now the acting staff of a Maine Coon kitty named Lulu, who pretty much rules the house. Not that we're complaining about that.
This entry was posted in And Now For Something Completely Different and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.