1) Current mood:
2) This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
3) Thought for the Week: Don’t give up on your dreams. Stay in bed and sleep late.
4) For the past few days, I’ve been closing a lot of my tabs on my phone. A good number of them were Facebook stories and memes, which had outlived their usefulness. There hasn’t been any movement on my account, either but I’m not terribly broken up about that. The way things are going, Facebook seems to be rapidly circling the drain, with their stock losses, losing users to TikTok, teens finding the platform cluttered and uncool, and trying to threaten Europe with removing their platform because Europe has actual privacy laws. I don’t think Fuckerberg’s little empire will be lasting much longer. So Fuckerberg probably did me a huge favor in that regard. It’s only a matter of time before it goes the way of MySpace. Good riddance, I say.
5) The Marvel Collect app has updated and I rather like these updates. Now with the Mystery Box, you get ten cards and 5,000 coins, instead of just five cards. On the Roulette Wheel, both of the coin prizes are 7,000 instead of 1,000 and 2,500. It makes it a lot easier to get a decent amount of coins and if they offer anything special for the second season of Loki, I plan on having a lot of coins to unload on it. I might even go for some of the more expensive packs if I have enough!
6) The schedule is worse than I thought: the posted schedule in the break room has literally only one person with any hours at Member Service and it’s a name I don’t recognize and it was for only two days. That’s not the half of it, because on Wednesday we had Jed as an opener, Georgia for the mid-shift and Kathy for possibly lot duty. That was it. Making it worse was the fact that Jed got pulled to Bakery and Georgia was only five hours, so she left at 15:00. I was down there all day, but when I left at 18:45, I have no idea if anyone else came in afterwards. To be honest, I doubt it. This probably isn’t going to get better, as Jed’s in school so his hours are limited and Kathy has surgery. On top of that, the supervisors have no clue how things run at the door and keep trying to drag me up front when I need to be at the door to cover a break or a walk. Stressed? You better believe it.
7) There’s apparently a big sportsball convention this Sunday. The tickets are insanely expensive but at least there will be quite a few cosplayers. There’s also going to be some show during the middle of it but everyone already says don’t bother watching because it sucks, even though it hasn’t even started yet. I could attend, as I am fully vaccinated–just got boosted!–but meh.
On that note, we’ll stop for today. But don’t fret! I’ll be back next week with another collection of random brain farts for you to sift through. Until then, have a great weekend, stay safe and I’ll see you soon!