Sunday was a doubleheader for the Timber Rattlers; Friday’s game was postponed due to the inclement weather and was moved to Sunday. Just like Saturday, it was a seasonable day at the ballpark, with clear skies at the start of game one.

This time, I wore only one hoodie, as two seemed excessive. I was fine until the latter part of the second game; that’s when things got chilly. But I was pretty much okay with the weather. It was a better day than Friday!

Game number one was a bit of a wash: the Chiefs topped the Rattlers by a score of one to nothing. It wasn’t even a home run, just a comedy of errors that allowed the Chiefs to score. The Rattlers tried to come back, but they couldn’t. That game ended at 1 – 0.

There was a brief intermission to get the field back in shape and we were ready for game two. The second one was much better than the first.

The second game ended with a two run single that gave the Rattlers the win. They took game two by a score of 2 – 3.

The photo I posted is during that walk off; Prime and I were out of our seats but keeping watch on the game and I had my phone ready. I snapped multiple shots of the celebration.

It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The only massive tragedy was the fact that the stadium wasn’t very full. I can understand that to a degree, as early spring in Wisconsin can be nippy. But honestly? The temperatures weren’t that bad. I only wish I had brought a pair of gloves because my hands got cold.

I’m not sure when I’ll catch my next Timber Rattlers game. This Thursday will be the Home Opener for the Milwaukee Brewers, so I’ll be in American Family Field to catch all the action. Stay tuned for a full report!

About Silverwynde

I'm a Transformers fan, Pokémon player, Brewers fan and all-out general nerd. I rescue abandoned Golett, collect as many Bumblebee decoys and figures as I can find and I've attended every BotCon--official and non--since 1999. I'm also happily married to a fellow Transfan named Prime and we were both owned by a very intelligent half-Siamese cat, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge on June 16, 2018. We still miss him. But we're now the acting staff of a Maine Coon kitty named Lulu, who pretty much rules the house. Not that we're complaining about that.
This entry was posted in Baseball and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.