1) Current mood:
2) This is your weekly reminder that we’re living in a dystopian hellscape. America is officially a shit hole country. It won’t be getting better anytime soon.
3) Thought for the Week: Anybody wanna ask Uncle Clarence why he didn’t mention anything about Loving? Anybody?
4) I went to my old Walmart on Tuesday and saw one of my former colleagues. Apparently, inventory is coming up and the store is no where near prepared. If management had started taking care of everything about three months ago, they might be ready in time but since it makes sense, would save the company time and money, it won’t happen. I wished him the best of luck because he will need it.
5) Speaking of Walmart, it was so not busy while I was there. Granted, this was a Tuesday afternoon, but when I was working there we were pretty brisk in the afternoons. It seems like lately, every time I visit my local Walmart, it’s just not busy there. There are practically no regular registers open and most customers are using the self checkouts. If I see floor associates, they’re picking orders for pickup or delivery. Foot traffic in the store isn’t what it used to be and I don’t think it’s ever going to recover. As I’ve mentioned before, Walmart did me a favor when they threw me out on my ass.
6) So this is A Thing That Exists:
I’m going to try my best to participate in some fashion. Because we’re not free right now.
7) Apparently, we have a new person in Member Service; her name is Jenny. She’s a nice woman, but she’s been getting a lot of crap from the members because she’s Asian and has an accent. You probably have a good idea where that’s going and yes, some assholes have been asking if she speaks English even though she’s speaking fucking English. She’s getting discouraged and I just feel like slapping an asshole or three.
With that said, we’ll stop for today. But don’t worry; I’ll be back next time with another tossed word salad for you. So until then, have a great weekend and I’ll see you soon!