1) Current mood:
2) This is your weekly reminder that America is officially a shithole country.
3) Thought for the Week: If anyone ever tells you that this is going to be a “routine procedure”, trust me, it won’t.
4) Monday was not a great day; I had a blood draw that didn’t go well. I offered my left hand, because that one had the better vein, but rather than acquiesce, the damn vein rolled and the nurse had to try my right hand. My right hand had done something similar a few months ago, so I really didn’t want to risk jabbing it. Thankfully, the right one worked but I ended up with a bruised and sore left hand, as well as a near panic attack. I have anxiety over needles as it is, hearing that the first stick didn’t take immediately sends my anxiety into overdrive. Making things worse was the fact that I had to go to work; I didn’t have my usual two days off and I had no chance to rest. That’s why I didn’t post a decent update on Tuesday; I had to crash when I got home. Which I did. Hard.
5) We’re probably going to have eight people at the doors, so I’m probably going to be up front a lot more. I’m honestly fine with that; I don’t want to deal with the attitudes and petty bullshit up there. I’m there to make money, not friends and I can’t say that I trust a lot of people anymore. Brenda, yes. Jed and Gigi, maybe. Everyone else? Hard no.
6) Guess who’s back as a Front End manager? Yep, Casi. She keeps trying to move up in the company, but it doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t be due to the fact that she’s not a great manager, would it? Oh, no. Not at all. 🙄
7) I just bought a pair of cables for my new phone: these are USB-C, not the usual micro USBs. I really hope that these will last a while; I had awful luck with the cables for my LG phone and had to replace them constantly. I also have an adapter/charger and a few backup batteries so I don’t think I’ll run out of a charge while at BotCon.
On that note, let’s take a break. But don’t fret! I’ll be back again with more random thoughts to toss on the wall like spaghetti. Until then, have a great weekend and I’ll see you then!