1) Current mood:
2) This is your weekly reminder that we are living in a dystopian hellscape. And we will be for quite some time.
3) Thought for the Week: Newly born elephants weigh an average of 250 pounds, which makes them the second largest baby on the planet. The biggest? Cis het white people finding out that a fictional character who doesn’t exist will now be portrayed by a person of color.
4) I visited my old Walmart earlier this week and it was disappointing as always. This time, I needed to actually purchase an item and the only registers open were the self checkouts. I told Prime when we got home that I never saw any cashiers there and absolutely no open registers. Prime suggested that night that Walmart will eventually get rid of all the regular registers and only leave the self checkouts at the front end. He’s probably correct, as I can see Walmart leaving the registers at the tobacco bullpen alone and maybe the one in the liquor store, but ripping out everything else. Why bother paying cashiers to scan a transaction when you can have the customers do it for free? Yes, Walmart is that cheap.
5) We’re doing an entire week of E-Blocks. I’m already sick of it.
6) We’ve been having a number of food days at work. I’m trying not to overindulge, which hasn’t been easy but it’s easier than absolutely denying myself and gorging later.
7) Most of the trees are starting to change color. It still feels too early for that.
On that note, I’ll stop for now. But I’ll be back again soon with a few more crumbs that I found scattered around from my life. Until then, have a great weekend and I’ll see you soon!