1) Current mood:
I’m currently somewhere between “Struggling” and “Surviving”. It varies from day to day. Some days are better than others.
2) As always:
This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
3) Thought for the Week: Black Friday-the day we decide to go out and physically assault a stranger for a fifty dollar television after claiming the day before that we were “grateful” and “blessed” with everything we have.
4) I finished the Calyrex storyline on Sword. I went with Glastrier, as I haven’t seen it used a lot. I can get the other steed on Shield, so it’s not like I can’t have them both. I just need to get off my backside and get back to playing Shield.
5) Thanksgiving was quiet here. Prime and I had pizza, which we topped with fresh milk mozzarella, along with pepperoni, crushed red peppers and Carolina reaper powder. I’ve never really been a huge fan of the giant turkey dinner with eight thousand different trimmings. For me, simple is best. It’s not about the food; it’s about being with Prime and letting him know that I love him. ❤
6) I am off Black Friday. Since I’m now at Costco I’m not entirely surprised; we don’t really do a huge sale on Black Friday. Instead, we have different sales on different days, so the entire month of November is covered. We don’t even open that early; we roll the doors at 9:00, which is only an hour early. It’s actually really nice. I honestly don’t know why I put up with Walmart and their idiocy for as long as I did.
7) I will admit: I do miss running into the jackasses at Walmart. Every year, I’d have a guy buying a thirty pound frozen turkey the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and asking if it would be thawed out in time. (Short answer: no. Blunt answer: fuck no.) Of course, he’d get mad and demand what he should do and I’d fight the urge to say, “Try buying it a week in advance.” (This does make for some amusing anecdotes.)
On that feather brained thought, I’ll stop for today. But I’ll be back next week, with more weird ideas to post. Until then, have a great weekend, stay safe and see you soon!