1) Current mood:
2) On Tuesday, I caught three movies, back to back: The Lion King, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Aladdin. I’ll get to my thoughts on them all in a moment, because first up, we have a “How Not to Be a Garbage Human” example.
People, if your child is not old enough to realize that s/he shouldn’t kick the back of the chairs in a theatre, or doesn’t know how to stay quiet during a feature film, keep them at home. Seriously. Sitting in the row behind me and to my left during Spider-Man, I had a kid who kept announcing what he saw on the screen. This went on for twenty minutes. The child’s parent didn’t get the hint until I finally turned around in my seat and glared at them. After that, blissful silence.
I get it: it’s Tuesday, the movies are five bucks, and this is cheap entertainment for your kid. But your kid isn’t the only one in the theatre. There are other patrons in the auditorium and they don’t need to hear your child half-shout, “It’s the river monster!” Six. Times. In. A. Fucking. Row. This is basic common sense and courtesy, people. Don’t be that guy, all right?
3) Another example: if you’re a teenager, you should know how to whisper. Behind me and to my right, was a teen who talked loudly about some of the plot points of the film to his friend. Again, during Spider-Man and again, blissful silence when I turned around and gave the offender an unamused glare. This is basic shit, people, and it ain’t that fucking hard. Sheesh.
4) As for the movies, all three were excellent. The Lion King was better than the original, and that’s not hyperbole at all, Spider-Man was great–stay through the credits!–and Aladdin was much better than the animated version. I walked into the first and last films with extremely low expectations, but I was very pleasantly surprised. So yes, I recommend all of them.
5) This is your weekly reminder that #FacebookIsTrash.
6) The weather was nice earlier this week, now the humidity is trying to make a comeback. Not awesome. Not awesome at all.
7) I made the mistake of hitting a local Kohl’s… and walked out with two new shirts that I couldn’t wear. New boy’s tee shirts and both were G1 Bumblebee. Did my jaw drop? Yes. Did I have a slight freak out in the store? Also yes. Was there screaming? I plead the fifth on that last one.
That’s all for this time. Drop by again when I decide to throw thoughts against the wall and see if it’ll stick like properly cooked pasta. Until then, see you guys soon!